Power Method #1) Pain and Pleasure

|
If you learn nothing else this year but this concept, your whole life will change.  The person who has popularized this concept and changed thousands of lives with it most is Anthony Robbins. (www.tonyrobbins.com) The human mind is consciously and subconsciously motivated by two basic forces.  
1. The need to AVOID PAIN 

2. The need to GAIN PLEASURE.
 If you think about it, every single action you take in your life is driven by the need to avoid pain, and the need to gain pleasure.  The need to avoid pain is always STRONGER than the need to gain pleasure.    For example:  If you have $10,000 and you have two options  Choice a) Go for a 4 day trip to Hawaii. Choice b) Pay $10,000 to remove a tumour from your brain.  Allow me to give you a powerful example of how to instantly apply this into your life to start creating results TODAY.  Here’s a personal example of how I used this concept .  I had been planning to finally write something about my research about a month, but I kept on putting it off, why?  Frustrated with a lot of things in my life, I decided to give this Pain & Pleasure concept a Try.

 I drew a PAIN and PLEASURE graph like the one below of my current situation, and then drew one of the outcomes I wanted.  Current Situation:  PAIN    PLEASURE 
1. Writing would take too much time… I don’t have time 

2. It would be super stressful, I would have to stay up at night and do even more
research on how to create and write this so it’s perfect. 

3. What if I write it and no one will read it?  It will be a waste of time .
Pleasure  1. When I am finished I could help a lot of people with the information and improve other’s lives.
 

As you can see, my need to AVOID PAIN was pushing me in the direction not taking any action.  It’s also known as “procrastination”.  The only difference between people who procrastinate and people who succeed with taking action, is the associations of PAIN and PLEASURE they have with doing something.  I look at my pain and pleasure sheet, and thought of how I could focus my associations to push me into taking action instantly. 

I wrote a new pain and pleasure sheet  I created immense pain around NOT DOING the tasks, I clearly wrote out and visualized how this would look and feel.  The pain of NOT WRITING this was now greater than the one of writing it.  My values of contributing to the world and creating something special were now at stake.  To further hammer the nail in, I clearly described the immense pleasure visually, emotionally, of how it will feel when the task is done.  With all the arrows in my mind pulling me away from pain and into pleasure, I was on my way that very same minute.  You’re reading this article now as a result of that PAIN & PLEASURE sheet I wrote down!  This concept is so powerful, I urge you to do it as soon as you’re done reading this article.  Take at least one action you’ve been putting off in your life, whether it is a goal to lose weight, to create more money, or improve a relationship.  Take that action, create a pain and pleasure sheet and see how rapidly motivated you will be to achieve that goal. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment